- Are we losing the war on drugs?
- Anzac Day: just a public holiday?
- Set to be slugged for your gas?
- The man behind the voice of Dr Hook
- Anzac Day: will it always be sacred?
- Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets?
- Angela Catterns with Tina Arena
- Foy Vance talks on Joy of Nothing
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Jessica on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Lets get "relaxed and comfortable" once again with honest John Howard and competent Peter Costello back. I'm not feeling too ... more
- Tangled Web on Air security: $12-billion for 58 jets? Well now you can see why the inconsiderate Liberal government are so unnecessarily hitting Australians with an additional ... more
- Kimber on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? My visits to my doctor have never been "free", we live in a regional area and have never had bulk billing and we still pay ... more
- Kimber on When to let a loved one go? Agreed, a very difficult topic, but definitely a case by case basis. Having been in this situation with an elderly loved one ... more
- Coasty on Anger at Anzac Day breast competition I'll put it out there that ANZAC's could make a competition out of anything. If you don't want to rate your own breasts ... more
- Tangled Web on 20 police officers charged this year Ever since the standards were drastically lowered for entry into the police force and the training weakened, the undesirable ... more
- Fred on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor Bull Shorten is a little thick, he is still banging on about dodgy global warming/climate change and his absurd tax, when ... more
- Samuel J on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor I trust, hope and pray the now utterly defunct, useless, incompetent labor party will remain in Opposition for the next 20 ... more
- Craig on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? As for Hockeys nasty GP co-payment, I heard him on radio recently and when asked if he paid his doctor extra money now? ... more
- Greg O on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Since when was our "free" medical system free? Someone else has always had to pay for it. Even back in day one when the ... more
- Jane M. on Sick patients will have to pay for GP? Has anyone yet asked silly big Joe Hockey, what is the doctor supposed to do, when those sick people in distress with a bad ... more
- Tangled Web on Bill Shorten on reforming Labor According to the old Bill Shorten; â??I have full confidence in Craig Thomsonâ??. Bill Shorten (Aug 2011): Craig Thomson ... more
- Eric (From the West) on When is the flu just a cold? Re: Stuart Bockings comments about a second airport affecting property values. The reality is that we don't know what will ... more
- Tangled Web on Shorten calls for Labor Party reforms Evidently that insincere, plastic Bill Shorten is not all that bright and he is not lonely either. If Labor have nothing ... more
- Tangled Web on When is the flu just a cold? Thanks, that was somewhat informative. We all had a very bad, highly contagious flu like virus in late January and it ... more
- Anonymous on Father's fight to see his daughter Poor Andrew is correct. Way back in 1987 I divorced my very cruel, hate filled wife. Subsequently for the next 20+ years, ... more
- Tangled Web on Anzac Day: reflecting recent battles Amazingly, there are some elements around who still call themselves Australians. They are so ungrateful to our brave ... more
- Tangled Web on William & Kate head to Uluru I am trying my very best, but I just can't get excited about all of this media attention on the royal ... more
- Tangled Web on Baird reshuffle - winners and losers? Lets just hope, that the replacement premier is not just another expensive Grange wine drinker with a bad memory too? And ... more
- Tangled Web on Army too tough on Anzac Day drinks? @Keith A Tudor is obviously correct, how much longer will we accommodate all of this destructive drunkenness? Lets just see ... more
Will Julia Gillard remain PM?
Will Julia Gillard lead the Labor Party into the next election? Change may be close to allow fresh air into the next campaign. Graham Richardson with Paul Murray on the machinations behind the scenes for the PM.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
In just a few days time the amount of cash drawn out of your pocket and every taxpayer will top half a billion dollars. Jason Morrison asks if keeping warm is now considered excessive. Has anything changed.
211 people are onboard the latest asylum seeker boat that has arrived in Australian waters. Jason Morrison says statistics show of those people, 94% will in 5 years time still be on welfare, and in public housing.
@Christopher; what would you suggest idiot!! Are you a school teacher??Rocky Wednesday 15 August, 2012 - 10:01 AM
Everyone talks of Labor losing, but I just cannot see Abbott being made PM, he just does not seem to have any ideas or initiatives.ChristopherJ Wednesday 15 August, 2012 - 1:23 AM
@Jeff, I too would choose Rudd over Gillard any day, simply because he was the most popularly elected PM in recent days. I wouldn't worry too much about how carbon is priced. This govt has gone for fixed cost, I prefer the variable method (ETS), but at the end of the day, pricing on carbon has become a reality. Even if Abbott comes to power he won't go against it. He has been known to be a weathervane on this - according to his own words.Terrence Monday 13 August, 2012 - 5:25 PM
You mean we can do worse?Peter Monday 13 August, 2012 - 10:42 AM
The way I look at it is this, I would never ever ever vote for labor now or in the future if Julia is leading the party, With her carbon tax lies, terrible boat people policy's, over budget NBN, she makes dumb deals with the greens and the whole country pays for it just to keep power, the country comes first than the party, I would of never kept the country at ransom to stay in power, its more of a ego issue for her.
Come next election if labor tosses Julia to the curb and tosses the carbon tax out the door and reinstates Kevin Rudd the I would vote for Kevin, If not the Tony will have my vote.
Also The main issues that are state problems like infrastructure and electricity production ownership should be federally owned, If either party would take over these two over priced items and gave it a go to reduce the cost. That would win votes, also lower petrol rates, go off the North American rates, they are 40% cheaper.
JeffJeff Monday 13 August, 2012 - 7:13 AM
Yes please, I want Gillard to be the P.M. at the time of the election. She will ensure Labor and the Greens have the greatest defeat in Australian political history.David T. Sunday 12 August, 2012 - 1:19 PM