- Ian Roberts: the effects of concussion
- Search for mystery flight MH370
- Mark Bosnich on his career at the net
- Hotseat: OK to profit off WWI?
- Aussies to zap space junk with lasers?
- Vivid Sydney set to be biggest yet!
- Making TV soapies in a war zone?
- Buy local: vote with your wallet
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- David Hoffman on Is terrorism behind missing plane? I am looking at this event through the lens of being a lifelong student of human behaviour. I know enough to believe that, ... more
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
Will Peter Slipper return as Speaker?
Will Peter Slipper be back in the speaker's chair sooner rather than later? Stuart Bocking reveals the tone and nature of recent SMS texts before the courts, as Anthony Albanese goes on the attack.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor has seized on text messages between James Ashby and a News Ltd journalist over legal action against Speaker Peter Slipper.
Court documents claims Steve Lewis contacted Mr Ashby, saying "We will get him", in the days before sexual harassment claims were filed.
Government lawyers allege the legal action was a political conspiracy.
Senior Labor MP Anthony Albanese has address a media conference in Canberra.
The federal government has challenged Opposition Leader Tony Abbott to disclose all contact between his party and James Hunter Ashby, who has accused house Speaker Peter Slipper of sexual harassment.
Documents filed by lawyers for Mr Slipper and the commonwealth on Tuesday say Mr Ashby secretly met with Queensland Liberal National Party shadow minister Mark McArdle on February 2 to discuss his plans.
The documents also said Mr Ashby "unlawfully" sent extracts of Mr Slipper's diary to former federal minister Mal Brough, who is seeking LNP preselection to contest Mr Slipper's Sunshine Coast seat.
The government has now accused the federal opposition of playing a role in the process toward the allegations being made in April.
Mr Ashby is suing Mr Slipper and the commonwealth, claiming the Speaker made unwelcome advances and sent him explicit text messages making his sexual intentions clear after Mr Ashby had joined his staff. (AAP)
Hang on, why this sudden interest in "innocent before proven guilty"? Earlier when they thought Slipper was in trouble, these Lieberal stooges didn't care about it. When it is emerging that there were people from Lieberal party such as Mal Brough (and perhaps even higher up) who were conspiring against Slipper, these Lieberal stooges like John are doing an about-turn pleading for innocence until proven guilty. What a load of hypocritical subbish from Lieberal liars.Peter Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Mal Brough is in trouble. They have started to dig into him. What would be interesting to know is whether anyone higher up was giving instructions to him and if yes, who were they? It is getting interesting now.Terrence Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 6:03 PM
John, is Albo asserting that someone is guilty of something?James W Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 1:50 PM
Hang on, what happened to Albo's statements about Craig Thomson - that it's a care of innocent before proven guilty so we should leave him alone and not make any comments.
This Slipper issue is before the Courts and suddenly Albo is all over it with a comment for anyone who wants to ask. Hypocritical rubbish from another Labor waste of space.John Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 12:29 PM