- $1.5 million for Sydney council spin?
- Muslims4Australia Lakemba Rally
- Beheading not for freedom but fear
- What is age appropriate clothing?
- World goes to hell in a hand basket
- Drones growing in popularity
- Your questions about the Opal Card
- Who is funding the evil Islamic State?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- O.I.L. on Who is funding the evil Islamic State? They claim islam to be a peaceful religion? Just whereabouts? more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Abbott has lost his way already, so many broken promises. Unemployment higher than in the depths of the 2nd worst global ... more
- peter on Millers Point sales shock investors This was the home for 6 people working in the city up until the last tennant died 4 years ago. all it ever needed was a coat ... more
- With friends like this Who needs enemies on The dangers we face with air drops? You probably think you know who makes the most money from Australia. You probably think it is Gina Rinehart or Andrew ... more
- peter on Smokes rise by $2.80 a packet I smoked and loved it for 35 yrs then I read a book on stopping and stopped before I finished the book by Allen Carr ... more
- Wendy on Proposal with a $1million donation Is it possible to get on Mr Moini's target list? My grandson has type 1 diabetes. A team at Newcastle University are in ... more
- Cleangirl on Will price hikes stop smokers? If it does we should try it with Alcohol, pokies and childcare. more
- Tony on SAS join Aussie airdrops in Iraq? If this is the case, then IS should now collectively go out into the desert and blow whats left of their pathetic brains ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on My religion needs fixing? What sort of "religion" chops people's heads off? more
- Samuel J on Extremists the enemy of Islam All right thinking countries around the world need to come down on these islamic damned extremists like a ton of bricks. ... more
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Vivien Ellison on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Tony Abbott, John Howard, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison are the best people that have ever been in Australian ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Greg O on Regional relocation grants scrapped I did consider it and actually did it forty years ago. National Service took me out of Sydney and showed me there is ... more
- Greg O on Drug action in female prisons There has been plenty of first class facilities to deal with drug addiction for decades in not only women's prisons but male ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on One way ticket for Islamic radicals Let's buy anyone who wants to get involved in other country's affairs, a one way ticket. Mr Abbott, we'll book you ticket, ... more
- Cindy on Millers Point sales shock investors This minister has yet to meet with the residents on Millers Point personally even after continuous requests. Sales at ... more
Will Peter Slipper return as Speaker?
Will Peter Slipper be back in the speaker's chair sooner rather than later? Stuart Bocking reveals the tone and nature of recent SMS texts before the courts, as Anthony Albanese goes on the attack.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor has seized on text messages between James Ashby and a News Ltd journalist over legal action against Speaker Peter Slipper.
Court documents claims Steve Lewis contacted Mr Ashby, saying "We will get him", in the days before sexual harassment claims were filed.
Government lawyers allege the legal action was a political conspiracy.
Senior Labor MP Anthony Albanese has address a media conference in Canberra.
The federal government has challenged Opposition Leader Tony Abbott to disclose all contact between his party and James Hunter Ashby, who has accused house Speaker Peter Slipper of sexual harassment.
Documents filed by lawyers for Mr Slipper and the commonwealth on Tuesday say Mr Ashby secretly met with Queensland Liberal National Party shadow minister Mark McArdle on February 2 to discuss his plans.
The documents also said Mr Ashby "unlawfully" sent extracts of Mr Slipper's diary to former federal minister Mal Brough, who is seeking LNP preselection to contest Mr Slipper's Sunshine Coast seat.
The government has now accused the federal opposition of playing a role in the process toward the allegations being made in April.
Mr Ashby is suing Mr Slipper and the commonwealth, claiming the Speaker made unwelcome advances and sent him explicit text messages making his sexual intentions clear after Mr Ashby had joined his staff. (AAP)
Hang on, why this sudden interest in "innocent before proven guilty"? Earlier when they thought Slipper was in trouble, these Lieberal stooges didn't care about it. When it is emerging that there were people from Lieberal party such as Mal Brough (and perhaps even higher up) who were conspiring against Slipper, these Lieberal stooges like John are doing an about-turn pleading for innocence until proven guilty. What a load of hypocritical subbish from Lieberal liars.Peter Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Mal Brough is in trouble. They have started to dig into him. What would be interesting to know is whether anyone higher up was giving instructions to him and if yes, who were they? It is getting interesting now.Terrence Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 6:03 PM
John, is Albo asserting that someone is guilty of something?James W Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 1:50 PM
Hang on, what happened to Albo's statements about Craig Thomson - that it's a care of innocent before proven guilty so we should leave him alone and not make any comments.
This Slipper issue is before the Courts and suddenly Albo is all over it with a comment for anyone who wants to ask. Hypocritical rubbish from another Labor waste of space.John Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 12:29 PM