- Earth missed catastrophe by a week
- Asylum seekers heading to mainland
- Women still face work discrimination
- Do we all have psychic connections?
- Home lost to real estate fraudsters
- A week of horror over flight MH17
- Time for serious debate on euthanasia
- Bus crash kills one injures dozens
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Craig you purposely omitted Russian armed and Russian trained killers did this...what is your agenda here? more
- Gary on Abbott copping Senate body blows If the PPL for everyone is such a bad thing, waste of effort and doesn't achieve anything in regards to workplace ... more
- Samuel J James on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said indeed. And Vladimar Putin, the KGB thug and temporary President of Russia has given as much help to the ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: Putin behind the attack? It can be assumed that Putin, the KGB thug is imitating one of his equal coward and former President of the Soviet Union, ... more
- Samuel J on A week of horror over flight MH17 Putin, the KGB thug is convicted in absentia - Please God. more
- stevo on Time for serious debate on euthanasia Legalise Euthanasia for those with 6 months to live if doctors and family want.My dad asked to be given and injection as he ... more
- Cleangirl on Bus crash kills one injures dozens Get bicycles OUT of bus lanes for a start. more
- Jonathon L Benson on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The sickening pictures of the filthy train leaving Ukraine with the bodies of many of these multi-national souls on board, ... more
- Samuel J on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill The do-gooders will probably get their way with this and it will be sadly regected. We have no leadership here in nsw so let ... more
- Samuel J on MH17: the long journey home @Kimber - well said. The victims even after death did not receive any dignity at all from the Russian and Ukraine ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Why do we need childcare subsidies @Greg O - you are absolutely correct. It is this 'gimmie, gimmie' nonsense and nanny State mentality that is thoroughly ... more
- Kimber on MH17: the long journey home A heartfelt thank you to the Netherlands in appreciation for finally giving some dignity to the victims of flight MH17. more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? If America has proof why have they not shown it? The Ukraine air traffic control tapes have been confiscated by the State ... more
- Greta on New Times for Weekend Shows Fantastic to hear Tim coming on earlier - love his show, has interesting segments, would love to hear more of the gardening ... more
- Craig on MH17: Putin behind the attack? @Shot down, You would also believe pigs fly.There is a lot more to this, have you seen Russia's reply yesterday? Radar of ... more
- Angela Coombes on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? I don't feel sorry for her at all. Apart from her big mouth which shoots off without thinking first this galloot is ... more
- Keith A Tudor on MH17: Putin behind the attack? I firmly believe the utterly expensive anti-aircraft missile fired at Malaysian Airlines Passenger Jet MH17 and which ... more
- Samuel J on Sydney suffering too many councils @Angry Ratepayer - I agree. Councils' charter needs to be redrawn and be in simple terms to cut out this continuous ... more
- G. Parker on Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person' This woman is a disgrace... she isn't talking to the ladies at the local RSL club, but AUSTRALIA! How can someone with this ... more
- Sheila Freeman on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Now where is Tania and the rest of the Labour party who are always ready to criticise the Libs - totally inappropriate ... more
Will Peter Slipper return as Speaker?
Will Peter Slipper be back in the speaker's chair sooner rather than later? Stuart Bocking reveals the tone and nature of recent SMS texts before the courts, as Anthony Albanese goes on the attack.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Labor has seized on text messages between James Ashby and a News Ltd journalist over legal action against Speaker Peter Slipper.
Court documents claims Steve Lewis contacted Mr Ashby, saying "We will get him", in the days before sexual harassment claims were filed.
Government lawyers allege the legal action was a political conspiracy.
Senior Labor MP Anthony Albanese has address a media conference in Canberra.
The federal government has challenged Opposition Leader Tony Abbott to disclose all contact between his party and James Hunter Ashby, who has accused house Speaker Peter Slipper of sexual harassment.
Documents filed by lawyers for Mr Slipper and the commonwealth on Tuesday say Mr Ashby secretly met with Queensland Liberal National Party shadow minister Mark McArdle on February 2 to discuss his plans.
The documents also said Mr Ashby "unlawfully" sent extracts of Mr Slipper's diary to former federal minister Mal Brough, who is seeking LNP preselection to contest Mr Slipper's Sunshine Coast seat.
The government has now accused the federal opposition of playing a role in the process toward the allegations being made in April.
Mr Ashby is suing Mr Slipper and the commonwealth, claiming the Speaker made unwelcome advances and sent him explicit text messages making his sexual intentions clear after Mr Ashby had joined his staff. (AAP)
Hang on, why this sudden interest in "innocent before proven guilty"? Earlier when they thought Slipper was in trouble, these Lieberal stooges didn't care about it. When it is emerging that there were people from Lieberal party such as Mal Brough (and perhaps even higher up) who were conspiring against Slipper, these Lieberal stooges like John are doing an about-turn pleading for innocence until proven guilty. What a load of hypocritical subbish from Lieberal liars.Peter Sunday 1 July, 2012 - 3:55 PM
Mal Brough is in trouble. They have started to dig into him. What would be interesting to know is whether anyone higher up was giving instructions to him and if yes, who were they? It is getting interesting now.Terrence Thursday 28 June, 2012 - 6:03 PM
John, is Albo asserting that someone is guilty of something?James W Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 1:50 PM
Hang on, what happened to Albo's statements about Craig Thomson - that it's a care of innocent before proven guilty so we should leave him alone and not make any comments.
This Slipper issue is before the Courts and suddenly Albo is all over it with a comment for anyone who wants to ask. Hypocritical rubbish from another Labor waste of space.John Wednesday 27 June, 2012 - 12:29 PM