- Why do we have tongue twisters?
- Health system needs a checkup?
- Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela
- Mandela was a giant, and a man!
- Nelson Mandela changed the era
- Sydney 500: Mark Skaife on 2UE
- Tributes flow for Nelson Mandela
- Would you pay $580 for the Stones?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ricky on Malcolm Fraser on Nelson Mandela When he was in prison i protested outside south africa house in London.GREAT MAN.All politicians should learn from him.RIP ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Lingerie football: is it sexist? I may become a convert to league if my wife lets me!I'm not into watching men play with each other. more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? @ ahmed, are you are part of the misinformation society, haven't you been listening to the court reports on the radio about ... more
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
Wine price to rise to stop binging?
Cheap wine will be banned under a federal health agency's plan to make drinkers pay at least $8-$10 for a bottle of booze. Jason Morrison looks at the proposal and questions if it is what the majority of us want?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Austrian daredevil Felix Baumgartner says he wasn't thinking about breaking any records - when he finally took the freefall jump from the edge of space this morning. Richard Arnold has all the detail of the jump.
Russell Crowe and wife Danielle Spencer have apparently separated after 9 years of marriage. The split is understood to be amicable with Crowe working in the US and Spencer in Sydney with the couple's two sons.
@Terrence; I was referring to a 22HP John Deere JD 140, what I said is 100% accurate. Again, the same mower is under $2,000 in the US and here in Australia it is $4,500 because of Labor's tax on tax on tax. Motor cars are half the price in the US and petrol too etc, etc. As usual you are obviously pissing in the wind childishly claiming: "If the dealer is telling you that it is because of some taxes you can report it to the Ombudsman and they will be in serious trouble. However, I doubt the dealer could have said something so untrue."!! Everything in messed-up Australia is way, way overpriced because of unfair Labor taxes, the highest in the world. Leave it alone son, you are going stupider if thats possible.LAWN TRACTOR Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 10:05 AM
@LAWN TRACTOR, you are giving us a furfie. Let us look at one in your price range - the 18/42 Rover Raider Ride On Mower. It costs US$ 2,399 in the US and A$ 2,750 in Australia - only about $350 more, which is reasonable and not more than 200% dearer as you stated. If the dealer is telling you that it is because of some taxes you can report it to the Ombudsman and they will be in serious trouble. However, I doubt the dealer could have said something so untrue. When we look at the first line of your post it becomes crystal clear where you are coming from.Terrence Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:24 PM
This taxing, no class completely failed, Australian hating Labor government must be all drunk on cheap vinegar they are that crook. I am looking to buy an American made ride on mower, the same mower is under $2,000 in the US and here in Australia it is $4,500. The dealer told me it is because of tax, tax, tax!LAWN TRACTOR Monday 15 October, 2012 - 8:00 PM
We pay more in Australia for Alcohol than any other country already, hello do we need to pay more still, give me a break, you Labor Goons have lost everything including the PLOT!Peter B Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:10 AM
What an absurd prospect we face if that idiot dr has his way. Young people don't drink $5 cleanskins - they drink SPIRITS.
Why are we subject to so many people trying to control us in Australia.
When my dad went off to WW2 this country was such a different place. As a nation we have slowly seen it's citizens have their personal responsibilities eroded because of the minority. Tighten up drinking laws if you must but leave the responsible people alone!
In a years time the majority will elect a new government for this great country, and hopefully just in the nick of time!Dave Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:06 AM
Bring on an election! The rotten Labor government's pretentious "health agency" does not care about our health, they are obedient Labor revenue raisers trying to justify their own cushy jobs. If this tax grab goes ahead, well the $billions raised must go back to the hard working vineyards not into lazy, wasteful Labor-Swan's bulls**t surplus!! This so called Labor fictitious "health agency" is enough to make you vomit! N.B. Wine is drank for many medicinal purposes and must be excluded from Labor's ridiculous tax on tax on tax grab!! Furthermore, my cardiologist advises me to drink red wine and he has a bottle every night.CANAAN Monday 15 October, 2012 - 10:08 AM