- Joe Hockey wanted tougher budget?
- Sharina Live on Stage at Sydney RSL
- HMAS Darwin: Aussie pride at sea
- Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill
- Sydney suffering too many councils
- PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin
- Bob Carr: vote vindicates Aussie seat
- Jacqui Lambie 'an everyday person'
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- NOT A GOOD LOOK... on The Whisper: lineup to be a Knight? How hypocritical and pretentious is that staunch republican ex-Governor General, Ms. Quentin Bryce. She jumped at Tony ... more
- WAKE UP AUSTRALIA on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Our moronic politicians get shabbier everyday, they obviously have no class. This is clearly a recipe for disaster! more
- 1959 GRANGE... on Medicinal cannabis for terminally ill Obviously dying, suffering people with cancer urgently need medicinal cannabis and our constant support! In America they ... more
- ANGRY RATEPAYERS... on Sydney suffering too many councils Just got the big IPART $$$rate slug from useless, arrogant Holroyd/Merrylands council and what a complete joke this council ... more
- Terence on PUP MPs stripping away pollie spin Sorry John,I listened to that powderpuff of an interview this morning with Senator Lambie."Would a male MP get the same ... more
- SHOT DOWN... on MH17: Putin behind the attack? Smoking gun, President Putin's body language speaks volumes, he is obviously as guilty as sin and he needs to be dealt with. ... more
- Chris Teller on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? Jacqui Lambie is not exactly stacked so I would not bother taking a second look unless she had breast enhancements. more
- Keith A Tudor on UN unanimous vote on MH17 @Get Real - an excellent comment indeed. Putin sadly is not a leaders'bootlace. Just look at the face on it and the eyes ... more
- Greg O on Has the PM finally found his voice? I hope so. He has the ability but the time for him to make it look like he has it is well and truly overdue. more
- Greg O on Why do we need childcare subsidies This is getting ridiculous. What is next? Perhaps Government assistance for old blokes like me to go on fishing trips. ... more
- Cleangirl on Why do we need childcare subsidies Either give ALL mothers money or at least means test for low incomers. Why are we encouraging people to outsource their ... more
- Peter of Darwin on Is Senator Jacqui Lambie for real? One analogy you forgot to make is - what would Jacqui Lambie have said about Tony Abbott if he described his preferences and ... more
- GLOBAL COOLING... on Has the PM finally found his voice? When the going gets really tough, the tough get going. Can you just imagine if pathetic Julia Gillard was prime minister ... more
- Peter on Death toll climbs in Gaza crisis Why they're pissed 1. Electricity is available for only 8 hours per day, . 2. 90% of the water found in the Gaza Strip is ... more
- PROFESSOR FLIM FLAMMERY on The Carbon Tax repealed in Senate @Craig asks: "I would love to know just what that cause is."? Obviously $$$$$$$$$ money, money and more money for the ... more
- GET REAL... on UN unanimous vote on MH17 The minute this happened that tough guy, gutless bully, President Putin should of went directly to the crash site and taken ... more
- CHILDCARE?? on Why do we need childcare subsidies Childcare is a bit rough on the kids. Previously the parents took responsibility of caring for their tiny tots and made ... more
- Greg O on PM fails to get bounce in polls It is the old democracy tradition again. The electorate always votes for the party that promises the biggest bag of goodies ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 Putin eh! Just look at the face and the eyes embedded in it! A stark appearance/psysiognamy as cold and frozen like the ... more
- GOOD GOD...JESUS on Horror scenes from Flight MH17 I saw them devils on television throwing dead humans in body bags around like bags of potatoes. Russian President Putin and ... more
Wine price to rise to stop binging?
Cheap wine will be banned under a federal health agency's plan to make drinkers pay at least $8-$10 for a bottle of booze. Jason Morrison looks at the proposal and questions if it is what the majority of us want?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Austrian daredevil Felix Baumgartner says he wasn't thinking about breaking any records - when he finally took the freefall jump from the edge of space this morning. Richard Arnold has all the detail of the jump.
Russell Crowe and wife Danielle Spencer have apparently separated after 9 years of marriage. The split is understood to be amicable with Crowe working in the US and Spencer in Sydney with the couple's two sons.
@Terrence; I was referring to a 22HP John Deere JD 140, what I said is 100% accurate. Again, the same mower is under $2,000 in the US and here in Australia it is $4,500 because of Labor's tax on tax on tax. Motor cars are half the price in the US and petrol too etc, etc. As usual you are obviously pissing in the wind childishly claiming: "If the dealer is telling you that it is because of some taxes you can report it to the Ombudsman and they will be in serious trouble. However, I doubt the dealer could have said something so untrue."!! Everything in messed-up Australia is way, way overpriced because of unfair Labor taxes, the highest in the world. Leave it alone son, you are going stupider if thats possible.LAWN TRACTOR Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 10:05 AM
@LAWN TRACTOR, you are giving us a furfie. Let us look at one in your price range - the 18/42 Rover Raider Ride On Mower. It costs US$ 2,399 in the US and A$ 2,750 in Australia - only about $350 more, which is reasonable and not more than 200% dearer as you stated. If the dealer is telling you that it is because of some taxes you can report it to the Ombudsman and they will be in serious trouble. However, I doubt the dealer could have said something so untrue. When we look at the first line of your post it becomes crystal clear where you are coming from.Terrence Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:24 PM
This taxing, no class completely failed, Australian hating Labor government must be all drunk on cheap vinegar they are that crook. I am looking to buy an American made ride on mower, the same mower is under $2,000 in the US and here in Australia it is $4,500. The dealer told me it is because of tax, tax, tax!LAWN TRACTOR Monday 15 October, 2012 - 8:00 PM
We pay more in Australia for Alcohol than any other country already, hello do we need to pay more still, give me a break, you Labor Goons have lost everything including the PLOT!Peter B Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:10 AM
What an absurd prospect we face if that idiot dr has his way. Young people don't drink $5 cleanskins - they drink SPIRITS.
Why are we subject to so many people trying to control us in Australia.
When my dad went off to WW2 this country was such a different place. As a nation we have slowly seen it's citizens have their personal responsibilities eroded because of the minority. Tighten up drinking laws if you must but leave the responsible people alone!
In a years time the majority will elect a new government for this great country, and hopefully just in the nick of time!Dave Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:06 AM
Bring on an election! The rotten Labor government's pretentious "health agency" does not care about our health, they are obedient Labor revenue raisers trying to justify their own cushy jobs. If this tax grab goes ahead, well the $billions raised must go back to the hard working vineyards not into lazy, wasteful Labor-Swan's bulls**t surplus!! This so called Labor fictitious "health agency" is enough to make you vomit! N.B. Wine is drank for many medicinal purposes and must be excluded from Labor's ridiculous tax on tax on tax grab!! Furthermore, my cardiologist advises me to drink red wine and he has a bottle every night.CANAAN Monday 15 October, 2012 - 10:08 AM