- Homelessness growing with women?
- Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali
- Gerry red faced on his bulk love email
- Natarsha & Craig join Dicko & Sarah
- Do we still need a Women's Day?
- Life in war-torn South Sudan
- Derryn Hinch emerges from prison
- Kit Harrington on making movies
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
- David T. on Schapelle to be sent back to prison? More appropriate would be for Indonesia to ban Channel 7 reporters from entering its' territories. more
- helen on Bring back death penalty for murder? Hello Angela, I also was taken aback by Tony Abbot's 'warning' to Russia. Our Pm. has to remember he is not in the ... more
- Pter on Can we expect war in the Crimea? So what if there is? No fan of Russia, but if you had to choose between it and the economic, social and now ethnic basket ... more
- Jester4212 on Bring back death penalty for murder? Totally agree Garry. Not sure that any government will concur with what you say, but I'm sure that most of your logically ... more
- Tony on Can we expect war in the Crimea? Properly but with the world now being lead by a raging socialist powderpuff president in the United States, who is going to ... more
- Coasty on Pensioners targeted in budget cuts? When pensioners get as much as new Australians & refugee's then talk to me. Fix that first. But if people are talking about ... more
- Coasty on Bring back death penalty for murder? We're are at the point, where there is a real increase in premeditated & totally unrepentant, vicious murders of the very ... more
Wine price to rise to stop binging?
Cheap wine will be banned under a federal health agency's plan to make drinkers pay at least $8-$10 for a bottle of booze. Jason Morrison looks at the proposal and questions if it is what the majority of us want?
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Austrian daredevil Felix Baumgartner says he wasn't thinking about breaking any records - when he finally took the freefall jump from the edge of space this morning. Richard Arnold has all the detail of the jump.
Russell Crowe and wife Danielle Spencer have apparently separated after 9 years of marriage. The split is understood to be amicable with Crowe working in the US and Spencer in Sydney with the couple's two sons.
@Terrence; I was referring to a 22HP John Deere JD 140, what I said is 100% accurate. Again, the same mower is under $2,000 in the US and here in Australia it is $4,500 because of Labor's tax on tax on tax. Motor cars are half the price in the US and petrol too etc, etc. As usual you are obviously pissing in the wind childishly claiming: "If the dealer is telling you that it is because of some taxes you can report it to the Ombudsman and they will be in serious trouble. However, I doubt the dealer could have said something so untrue."!! Everything in messed-up Australia is way, way overpriced because of unfair Labor taxes, the highest in the world. Leave it alone son, you are going stupider if thats possible.LAWN TRACTOR Wednesday 17 October, 2012 - 10:05 AM
@LAWN TRACTOR, you are giving us a furfie. Let us look at one in your price range - the 18/42 Rover Raider Ride On Mower. It costs US$ 2,399 in the US and A$ 2,750 in Australia - only about $350 more, which is reasonable and not more than 200% dearer as you stated. If the dealer is telling you that it is because of some taxes you can report it to the Ombudsman and they will be in serious trouble. However, I doubt the dealer could have said something so untrue. When we look at the first line of your post it becomes crystal clear where you are coming from.Terrence Tuesday 16 October, 2012 - 11:24 PM
This taxing, no class completely failed, Australian hating Labor government must be all drunk on cheap vinegar they are that crook. I am looking to buy an American made ride on mower, the same mower is under $2,000 in the US and here in Australia it is $4,500. The dealer told me it is because of tax, tax, tax!LAWN TRACTOR Monday 15 October, 2012 - 8:00 PM
We pay more in Australia for Alcohol than any other country already, hello do we need to pay more still, give me a break, you Labor Goons have lost everything including the PLOT!Peter B Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:10 AM
What an absurd prospect we face if that idiot dr has his way. Young people don't drink $5 cleanskins - they drink SPIRITS.
Why are we subject to so many people trying to control us in Australia.
When my dad went off to WW2 this country was such a different place. As a nation we have slowly seen it's citizens have their personal responsibilities eroded because of the minority. Tighten up drinking laws if you must but leave the responsible people alone!
In a years time the majority will elect a new government for this great country, and hopefully just in the nick of time!Dave Monday 15 October, 2012 - 11:06 AM
Bring on an election! The rotten Labor government's pretentious "health agency" does not care about our health, they are obedient Labor revenue raisers trying to justify their own cushy jobs. If this tax grab goes ahead, well the $billions raised must go back to the hard working vineyards not into lazy, wasteful Labor-Swan's bulls**t surplus!! This so called Labor fictitious "health agency" is enough to make you vomit! N.B. Wine is drank for many medicinal purposes and must be excluded from Labor's ridiculous tax on tax on tax grab!! Furthermore, my cardiologist advises me to drink red wine and he has a bottle every night.CANAAN Monday 15 October, 2012 - 10:08 AM