- Surrogacy again under the spotlight
- Anger over council "study tours"
- Nude photos leaked via Cloud
- The dangers we face with air drops?
- Tradies charge by Sydney suburb?
- Ice: the 'worst of the worst' drugs
- Damning insulation scheme report
- Sydney's 5th season, Sprinter?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- John Harvey on Stopping fighters heading overseas let them go just do not let them back into the country more
- Cleangirl on Extremists the enemy of Islam Extreme Islam or mediocre Islam ? Look at all the Islamic nations, extreme overrides mediocrity every time. more
- Keith A Tudor on Stopping fighters heading overseas @Tony - excellent comment. I support that including confiscation of their passports as well as their assets forfeited to the ... more
- Citizen Slain on War looming in the Middle East We would all very much like to believe in the integrity and decency of modern government however the reality is very ... more
- Peter Ulmer on My religion needs fixing? Glen Mohammed is impressive as you say. Sadly he is one voice in what appears to be a minority view within his community. I ... more
- James W on Hawke-Keating: who was better PM? Does it matter? What is clear is that they were both better than the current one. more
- Tony on Stopping fighters heading overseas Why the hell stop them? If they want to go and fight and die in some desert cesspool then let them. How about we encourage ... more
- Cleangirl on "Fat" Clive Palmer is fair game? Fat is the new smoker. more
- Cleangirl on How to stop youth going jihadist? Islam seems to cost us big time, will we ever get any benefit, or is this money insurance ? more
- James W on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Cleangirl, are you saying that nearly all of those found guilty of sex offences against children, don't go to jail? more
- fabrizio on Parents at forefront of terror war? Most mulsims not terrorists and have spoken up against it.Just like most catholics are not child abusers. more
- Join the Q Society on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? Oh well, back to the car, no delays there, LOL. more
- Tejas on Labor's broken promises generation So many books have been written about Labor recently, add this one to the list.Indeed, their demise from controlling all ... more
- Greg O on Baird polls on the rise I am not surprised. This shows the people of NSW are at last starting to think. If the corruption scandals involving the ... more
- Luigi T Cassimatis on Cyclists party to contest next election We need them in there like we need a bike seat up our backside. Dear oh dear it gets worse day by day with these creeps and ... more
- Gary on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? My wife and I used our Opal cards on the weekend. Not one problem, worked faultlessly, best thing ever for public ... more
- Ben on Opal Card: lengthy commuter delays? 1) Opal cards must become anonymous as promised and not delivered.2) Opal card system has to be fixed so that one does not ... more
- Samuel J James on Baird polls on the rise @Paulo - there is no other political party with the necessary credentials, the integrity, perspicacity or the skills needed ... more
- paulo on Baird polls on the rise Time to throw liberals out of NSW and try others. more
- fabio on Cardinal Pell just doesn't get it? Catholic church in the West is almost irrelevant and hypocritical .No lectures from them. more
Xmas spending begins in earnest?
Retailers say this week will give them a good idea of how they're going to do this Christmas. Australian's are expected to spend $6.5-billion this week on gifts alone with 934-million of that to be spent online.
Shop owners say the spending spree is much needed, after another tough year.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Organisers of Sydney's New Years Eve celebrations are promising the most elaborate fireworks display ever seen on the Harbour with this year's theme being "embrace". An app has also been launched for the event.
Drive-by shootings have stabilised across NSW but fraud is increasing, according to new crime statistics Paul Murray reveals. At the same time there's been a significant drop in theft and robbery offences.
I am agnostic and my wife buddhist, no spending here sorry shop keepers!Bikinis not Burkas Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:16 AM
Jonathon L Benson, yes Labor must be brought to account for their entirely inappropriate actions. A Royal Commission would certainly not be out of order.Jaclyn Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 12:06 PM
@Nicole posting here - Thank you and well said indeed. We must not let down our vigilance and work together to get this creep minority labor socialist 'government' and her rotter hangers on booted out of office. They have utterly ruined our beloved country Australia with their wanton deceit, lies and other corruption.Jonathon L Benson Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:00 PM
The Salvation Army Christmas Appeal; say we have over 25,000 homeless people, thus the Salvos are begging on the streets for urgent cash donations to help our homeless, all because the arrogant miserly Labor government does not care for these Australians. How is it that the same Labor government can so easily provide nice homes with all the works and jerks for 30,000 very dubious, lazy illegal-entry, queue jumping country shoppers, fast track immigrants who +90% of them purposely dump their passports and mobile phones to blatantly deceive the Australian Immigration Department and then fraudulently gain $free Australian citizenship at the expense of genuine refugees who are rotting in primitive refugee camps for 10 years!!!! And then 94% of these damned so called asylum seekers outrightly refuse to work, preferring the Centrelink Disability Support Pension and then go back to their "dangerous" fled home countries for a relaxing holiday?? Just like teflon coated Captain Emad!! Labor obviously must go now!Leonard Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:18 PM
False expectations, trying to relive the public into thinking everything is ok with retail, besides I aint spending crap this christmas considering my last electricity bill was $900 and I only have a freeking fridge & TV and do light and the wife does light washing on weekends. I could imaging what others are copping.luke Monday 10 December, 2012 - 3:29 PM
I agree with Jonathon L Benson we are being ravaged by the horrible Gillard-Labor government who have no compassion for Australians. Disturbingly Labor are donating $Billions of borrowed chinese dollars to overseas countries-including China?? Countries who really dislike Australians!! And yet if there is natural disaster etc, etc here, we have to have community chook raffles to raise some $dollars for our very own suffering neglected Australians. Furthermore the charity OP shops are being inundated with Christmas shoppers and people needing $cash assistance for their ridiculously priced electricity bills etc and I note many seeking bill assistance are so called "asylum seekers" too. Labor can shove their fraudulent global warming, carbon dioxide tax right up the damned UN. There has been no global warming for 16 years and recently 130 top relevant scientists, like Australian scientist Bob Carter together wrote to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon advising him, that there is no global warming and thus there is no need to tax the tripe out of some western countries on the UN's behalf!!!! N.B. Not surprisingly the damned manipulating covering-up media failed to report this most important, significant development!Nicole K. Monday 10 December, 2012 - 2:51 PM