- Was John Howard our best PM?
- Light rail to service Greater West
- Is terrorism behind missing plane?
- Will Crimea be engulfed in war?
- Why is Sydney so expensive?
- Leo Sayer: why he became an Aussie
- Bees buzzing all over Sydney's CBD?
- Ok to leave baby behind on holidays?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Gary on Too late to stop climate change now? I simply let the facts talk to me and as Garry Linnell stated it was warmer 27 years ago. So where is the evidence of ... more
- helen on Scrap the My School website? Hello Angela, have just read Peter 'Fitz' remarks re your morning show. Agree! you are a delight to tune into each ... more
- David T. on Do we still need a Women's Day? In my experience, every day is Women's Day. more
- David T. on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? How "bloody" stupid. Government, stay out of our lives. more
- David T. on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali Break another country's laws and you can expect to be treated according to their law. I have no sympathy for thede ... more
- Rod M on Schapelle: Journos deported from Bali To me it seems very clear why journos are being booted out of Bali. Their courts expect people to abide by the spirit and ... more
- Mary on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? What a waste of the tax payers money, why not give it to hospitals... they need it more. more
- Kimber on Scrap the My School website? Well said @Coasty!!! :) more
- Kimber on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? OMG, pay people to lose weight, pay people to quit smoking, now this.From the time kids can eat solid food fruit and ... more
- Jester4212 on Pay kids to eat their vegetables? Why why why must the govenrment become involved?! Even for parents to pay their children to do this is unbelieveable. They ... more
- Coasty on Scrap the My School website? Ridiculous. I'm now finding the teaching industry has gotten hysterical & political. The My Schools website was one of the ... more
- Jester4212 on A pizza stuffed with cheeseburgers? I can't believe what I'm watching. Disgusting. more
- William Coleman on Drugs & alcohol affecting our schools The classroom today is yesterdays psychiatric ward. more
- William Coleman on Chinese buying up Sydney housing? So the big money comes to oz and home prices soar .Meanwhile we buy products from Asian countries because it is so cheap due ... more
- Jester4212 on Should we pay people to lose weight? Cold hard cash is a complete cop-out, just like the baby bonus. I'm all for wanting to help these people out. But have ... more
- Greg O on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Of course Kevin will stop the war and I have no doubt he will also help the Russians tackle global warming by putting pink ... more
- Coasty on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia No-one minds backpackers. They're great. I was one & I want my kids to do it. The problem here, is one that's all too ... more
- Cleangirl on Kevin will stop second Crimean war? Kevin ? Twins sharing the same name. Why is he allowed in with the U.N ? Why do we even financially support both Kevin and ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on What frustrates you on our trains? What frustrates you on our trains?That they refuse to supply a mobile number so that we can give them live updates of ... more
- Jester4212 on Sydney's outbreak of ablutophobia Well said. more
Xmas spending begins in earnest?
Retailers say this week will give them a good idea of how they're going to do this Christmas. Australian's are expected to spend $6.5-billion this week on gifts alone with 934-million of that to be spent online.
Shop owners say the spending spree is much needed, after another tough year.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Organisers of Sydney's New Years Eve celebrations are promising the most elaborate fireworks display ever seen on the Harbour with this year's theme being "embrace". An app has also been launched for the event.
Drive-by shootings have stabilised across NSW but fraud is increasing, according to new crime statistics Paul Murray reveals. At the same time there's been a significant drop in theft and robbery offences.
I am agnostic and my wife buddhist, no spending here sorry shop keepers!Bikinis not Burkas Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:16 AM
Jonathon L Benson, yes Labor must be brought to account for their entirely inappropriate actions. A Royal Commission would certainly not be out of order.Jaclyn Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 12:06 PM
@Nicole posting here - Thank you and well said indeed. We must not let down our vigilance and work together to get this creep minority labor socialist 'government' and her rotter hangers on booted out of office. They have utterly ruined our beloved country Australia with their wanton deceit, lies and other corruption.Jonathon L Benson Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:00 PM
The Salvation Army Christmas Appeal; say we have over 25,000 homeless people, thus the Salvos are begging on the streets for urgent cash donations to help our homeless, all because the arrogant miserly Labor government does not care for these Australians. How is it that the same Labor government can so easily provide nice homes with all the works and jerks for 30,000 very dubious, lazy illegal-entry, queue jumping country shoppers, fast track immigrants who +90% of them purposely dump their passports and mobile phones to blatantly deceive the Australian Immigration Department and then fraudulently gain $free Australian citizenship at the expense of genuine refugees who are rotting in primitive refugee camps for 10 years!!!! And then 94% of these damned so called asylum seekers outrightly refuse to work, preferring the Centrelink Disability Support Pension and then go back to their "dangerous" fled home countries for a relaxing holiday?? Just like teflon coated Captain Emad!! Labor obviously must go now!Leonard Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:18 PM
False expectations, trying to relive the public into thinking everything is ok with retail, besides I aint spending crap this christmas considering my last electricity bill was $900 and I only have a freeking fridge & TV and do light and the wife does light washing on weekends. I could imaging what others are copping.luke Monday 10 December, 2012 - 3:29 PM
I agree with Jonathon L Benson we are being ravaged by the horrible Gillard-Labor government who have no compassion for Australians. Disturbingly Labor are donating $Billions of borrowed chinese dollars to overseas countries-including China?? Countries who really dislike Australians!! And yet if there is natural disaster etc, etc here, we have to have community chook raffles to raise some $dollars for our very own suffering neglected Australians. Furthermore the charity OP shops are being inundated with Christmas shoppers and people needing $cash assistance for their ridiculously priced electricity bills etc and I note many seeking bill assistance are so called "asylum seekers" too. Labor can shove their fraudulent global warming, carbon dioxide tax right up the damned UN. There has been no global warming for 16 years and recently 130 top relevant scientists, like Australian scientist Bob Carter together wrote to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon advising him, that there is no global warming and thus there is no need to tax the tripe out of some western countries on the UN's behalf!!!! N.B. Not surprisingly the damned manipulating covering-up media failed to report this most important, significant development!Nicole K. Monday 10 December, 2012 - 2:51 PM