- Qantas: should Alan Joyce resign?
- Our planet: are things getting better?
- Volunteers deserve our thanks!
- What do you love about Sydney?
- Weird things found in rental places?
- Facebook will be dead in 5 years?
- Secret recordings: are they legal?
- BOF: corruption threat to re-election?
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- ahmed on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? Most bikie gangs are made up of anglo saxons, yet we dont say European Bikie gangs.Not sure if this geographical ... more
- ahmed on Crime in Sydney funding jihadists? No doubt there is a link.However dont use that as an excuse to demonize lebanese Aussies like some people do ... more
- Jester4212 on Lingerie football: is it sexist? Saying that it's sexist is like saying that bikinis are sexist. What a load of rubbish!Think of it as a group of women ... more
- Stephen Jago on Lingerie football: is it sexist? No it is not sexist. They do play hard and my 16 year old son loves watching it lol. :-) more
- Keith A Tudor on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? I trust Mr Abbott will set up a high powered public inquiry with a view to abolishing the hopeless CSIRO and creation of a ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Home shot at 3 times in 18 months? What no mention of the Middle Eastern Crime Squad? more
- Jonathon L Benson on ICAC: Chris Hartcher quits energy This, in my professional view, is the beginning of the end of the utterly hopeless O'Farrell government in NSW. Just ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? @Lis posting here - you are absolutely correct. I clearly recall a joker in the 1990's who was knocked back for entry into ... more
- Samuel J on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? @Craig - absolutely correct. The abject, disgraceful rotten mess that Gillard and Rudd the Dudd left the new Coalition ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? This reported outcome says a lot in regard to policies and practice pertaining to teacher selection, education, training and ... more
- James W on Aussie students are falling behind? A child's most important teacher/s are it's parents. more
- Jester4212 on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? @Bikinis. Riding against the traffic is without a doubt the worst idea and will definitely contribute to more fatalities. ... more
- Keith A Tudor on Aussie students are falling behind? Another fine mess Australian kids are in! more
- Liz on Aussie students are falling behind? Our sub-standard teaching workforce is damaging the future of this country. A large number of teachers are inarticulate, ... more
- Amy on Aussie students are falling behind? If the teacher can not use a red pen to mark their work because it is too confrontational and they can never be FAILED and ... more
- Peter on Aussie students are falling behind? Doesn't matter how much money you throw at the education system! The student will only be as good as the teacher,teaching ... more
- Jester4212 on Handbook for men on women? This book sounds disgustingly stereotypical for both sexes. I really don't think this lady has a clue. more
- peter on Paul Hogan our Aussie Icon thanks to this natural person I started to find out my rights as an Australian more
- Craig on Backflip on backflip over Gonski? Labor projected this "they" never budgeted this it was in forward estimates and they could not see what was happening next ... more
- Bikinis not Burkas on Cyclists need you to leave a metre? During daylight hours cyclists should ride towards the oncoming traffic to see what is coming at them, they aren't even ... more
Xmas spending begins in earnest?
Retailers say this week will give them a good idea of how they're going to do this Christmas. Australian's are expected to spend $6.5-billion this week on gifts alone with 934-million of that to be spent online.
Shop owners say the spending spree is much needed, after another tough year.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Organisers of Sydney's New Years Eve celebrations are promising the most elaborate fireworks display ever seen on the Harbour with this year's theme being "embrace". An app has also been launched for the event.
Drive-by shootings have stabilised across NSW but fraud is increasing, according to new crime statistics Paul Murray reveals. At the same time there's been a significant drop in theft and robbery offences.
I am agnostic and my wife buddhist, no spending here sorry shop keepers!Bikinis not Burkas Friday 14 December, 2012 - 3:16 AM
Jonathon L Benson, yes Labor must be brought to account for their entirely inappropriate actions. A Royal Commission would certainly not be out of order.Jaclyn Wednesday 12 December, 2012 - 12:06 PM
@Nicole posting here - Thank you and well said indeed. We must not let down our vigilance and work together to get this creep minority labor socialist 'government' and her rotter hangers on booted out of office. They have utterly ruined our beloved country Australia with their wanton deceit, lies and other corruption.Jonathon L Benson Tuesday 11 December, 2012 - 9:00 PM
The Salvation Army Christmas Appeal; say we have over 25,000 homeless people, thus the Salvos are begging on the streets for urgent cash donations to help our homeless, all because the arrogant miserly Labor government does not care for these Australians. How is it that the same Labor government can so easily provide nice homes with all the works and jerks for 30,000 very dubious, lazy illegal-entry, queue jumping country shoppers, fast track immigrants who +90% of them purposely dump their passports and mobile phones to blatantly deceive the Australian Immigration Department and then fraudulently gain $free Australian citizenship at the expense of genuine refugees who are rotting in primitive refugee camps for 10 years!!!! And then 94% of these damned so called asylum seekers outrightly refuse to work, preferring the Centrelink Disability Support Pension and then go back to their "dangerous" fled home countries for a relaxing holiday?? Just like teflon coated Captain Emad!! Labor obviously must go now!Leonard Monday 10 December, 2012 - 11:18 PM
False expectations, trying to relive the public into thinking everything is ok with retail, besides I aint spending crap this christmas considering my last electricity bill was $900 and I only have a freeking fridge & TV and do light and the wife does light washing on weekends. I could imaging what others are copping.luke Monday 10 December, 2012 - 3:29 PM
I agree with Jonathon L Benson we are being ravaged by the horrible Gillard-Labor government who have no compassion for Australians. Disturbingly Labor are donating $Billions of borrowed chinese dollars to overseas countries-including China?? Countries who really dislike Australians!! And yet if there is natural disaster etc, etc here, we have to have community chook raffles to raise some $dollars for our very own suffering neglected Australians. Furthermore the charity OP shops are being inundated with Christmas shoppers and people needing $cash assistance for their ridiculously priced electricity bills etc and I note many seeking bill assistance are so called "asylum seekers" too. Labor can shove their fraudulent global warming, carbon dioxide tax right up the damned UN. There has been no global warming for 16 years and recently 130 top relevant scientists, like Australian scientist Bob Carter together wrote to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon advising him, that there is no global warming and thus there is no need to tax the tripe out of some western countries on the UN's behalf!!!! N.B. Not surprisingly the damned manipulating covering-up media failed to report this most important, significant development!Nicole K. Monday 10 December, 2012 - 2:51 PM