- State's top silk before the ICAC
- Red tape and double standards?
- Cooks Companion gets a garnish
- Our forgotten homeless veterans
- Jet pack designed for police
- News Forum: the issues of the week
- Boomers accused of retiring on dole
- Fast Facts on The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- RSS Syndicate this blog (XML)
What we're talking about
- Roberto Georgio on Nova Peris sets back race relations? obviously not very impressed with whites, but happy to take there hard earned money. more
- Barry G on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate By By , Thanks Rudd AND Gillard ,,Seeya Australia. more
- Cleangirl on Nova Peris sets back race relations? Claims to be the victim here ??? more
- Tony on Sydney kids calls for Islamic caliphate And as if the police will get anywhere? These people seem to be able to do whatever they want too, whenever they want too, ... more
- NO MONEY NO HONEY on New Gold Opal card for Seniors Beware, the scheming movers & shaker's agenda is to make a $cashless society. more
- Keith A Tudor on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? @ Realistic-Canberra - well said indeed. It is quite sickening the mess Madame Gillard left us all - including the abject ... more
- Join the Q Society on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless No they don't, when the nameless arrived on leaky boats they were given Government housing, white goods and the never ending ... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? Senator Nova Peris was always going to be just another one of failed prime minister JuLia Gillard's sick jokes. No wonder ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Sydney turns blind eye to homeless Our grandstanding, uncaring governments, both Labor/Green & Liberal are donating countless $billions of borrowed $$dollars ... more
- Cleangirl on Should Nova Peris quit the Senate? The Token job placer should also stand down, disgraceful. more
- peter on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise get more attention on pump price we should be paying after lower crude price drop , why the lag in price drop we pay through ... more
- SLOPPY JOE HOKEY-CANBERRA on Why paying more for petrol stinks! I remember the big con, the panic, scare campaign 40 years ago when we were told we would run out of oil within 5 years and ... more
- Greg O on Excise lift: Petrol prices set to rise Well something has to rise if any Government no matter who it might be is going to pay back the massive debt that the Kevin ... more
- Cleangirl on Why paying more for petrol stinks! why not 40c on Dog food, or a charge for cyclists ? Motoring is a necessity. more
- EMPTY TANK on The Whisper: Woolies Woes I wish greedy Woolies and Coles would be stopped from messing about with petrol $prices? This a very big election issue... more
- REALISTIC-CANBERRA on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin Evidently these days Aussies have got no money to bid with...so much for so called free trade, well done big Joe? more
- Bao Tran on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? Good question. This day and age you have to be either very brave or very stupid. It shows how society is now. What if it was ... more
- Tanya on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin We wanted to buy an investment property a few years ago. Looked at a lot of different agents, but one of them most ... more
- Joanne L. on Who let 11yo runaway stay 2 nights? After what happened to Daniel Morcombe, I feared the worse, thank God she is alright...there is a very big lesson here for ... more
- Barry G on Sydney auctions held in Mandarin By By Australia , A special thanks to Gough Whitlam for those big reforms , more Labor disasters from back then and many ... more
Youth unemployment rising to 12.4%
Youth unemployment is at a staggering 12.4%, the highest it has ever been. Jason Morrison says he is sick of the insult when we are told that the unemployment figures are great sitting at an overall 5.2% now.
Stay up to date on breaking news with 2UE on Twitter
Monarchists say the younger generation are becoming increasingly interested in the Royal Family as Prince Charles and Camella tour Sydney today. Have Australians given up on becoming a Republic?
One Direction have released their latest album with a catchy tune as the first single lifted from this much anticipated release. Are they still popular with the teens? Absolutely as the downloads begin today.
Lieberal party stooges like Lizzy have no idea what they are talking about. Clearly they don't understand basic economics but you could say the same about their leaders Abbott, Hockey and Rob. Lizzy and the stooges don't know that unemployment statistics are produced by the same ABS that did it for Howard and his predecessors.
According to ABS the unemployment rate in October was 5.4%. The improvement was due to full-time employment rising by 18,700 people and part-time employment falling by 8,880 people. The participation rate fell slightly by 0.1%Terrence Tuesday 13 November, 2012 - 7:30 PM
The other big question is "Where are the Unions"?
They seem to be very adapt at verbalising the opposition on everything from industrial relations to economics but when it comes to blatant government failures, offshoring, corruption or shady deals you get a token outburst that makes you wonder why are you IDIOTS paying union dues?Peter Monday 12 November, 2012 - 2:01 PM
@Hi Terrence & Pete; the obvious reason for Labor's disturbing 12.4% youth unemployment is because of all those Labor failures, who have very badly damaged the Australian economy. That crazy female and her Labor cronies are the root cause of countless Aussie jobs going off to China and also incurring a $300billions dollar wasted debt. Labor have destroyed business confidence which has clearly led to high youth unemployment. Realistically, todays youth have no future because of Labor. However I do strongly agree with you: "At least Jason Morrison is trying hard, and he must be commended for that." That crazy lying female is way past her use by date and savvy business has lost all confidence in this untrustworthy Labor government and like the disillusioned electorate, business is sitting it out, waiting for the mother of elections to forever dump this slime green, independent, corrupt, union-getup Labor coalition rabble, anti-Australian Labor government.LIzzy Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 9:16 PM
That crazy female is the only one who believes those misleading employment stats...YOUNG & NAIVE JULIARR Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 8:42 PM
Firstly, Australia as a
Republic? Heaven help us all! Imagine some of the
politicians eg President
Gillard!! or President Turnbull!! No wonder there
is a swing back to the
Queen - God save the Queen!Belle of Tweed Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 7:19 PM
Plenty of jobs out there for our "youth" most don't want the workPete Sunday 11 November, 2012 - 7:10 AM